This short term online course is a beginner level course & is aimed at students who want to get first insights into textile design or possibly wish to pursue further studies in design field.
Duration: Maximum duration to complete the course is 3 Months
Mode: Online and at your own pace
Eligibility: Anyone who has interest and enthusiasm for designing can join the course
Assessment: Home based assessment
Course Start Date: Enroll at any time & choose your start date.
- Professionally produced pre-recorded English video lessons in association with our Global Associates
- Enjoy learning from home without a set schedule
- 100% Stress on Practicals
- Industry Driven Quality
- Easy-to-follow lectures
- Access on Mobile, Laptop & Desktop
- 1 - to - 1 Online Support through WhatsApp
- Downloadable Resources
- E-books provided
- Certificate of Completion
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
1. Fibers & Fabrics
- Defining Textiles
- Fibers & Fabrics
- Natural vs Manmade Fibers
- Fabric & the Fabrication Process
- Developing the Right Textile Product
- Characteristics of Textiles to End Use
- Thread Count
- Fiber Identification
- Intro to Knit Fabrics
- Woven vs Knit
- Knit Fabric Structure
- Weft Knit
- Warp Knit Structure
- Knit Fibers
2. Textile Dyeing, Printing & Finishing
- Textile Dyeing & Colorants
- Pigments & Dyes
- Dyes/Prints - Problems
- Dyes/Prints - Sustainability & Environmental Concerns
- Common & Routine Fabric Finishes
- Aesthetic Finishes
- Functional Finishes
3. Traditional Textiles of India
- Banarsi Silk
- Chikankari Embroidery
- Ikat Fabric
- Mysore Silk
- Muga Silk
- Kota Doria
- Bagru Print
- Sanganeri Print
- Kinnauri Shawls
- Madras Checks
4. Hand Embroideries
- Introduction to Hand Embroidery (15+ Stitches)
- Beading Needle Embroidery
5. Fabric Studies
- Woven Fabrics
- Knitted Fabrics
- Specialty Fabrics
- Blended Fabrics
- Patterned Fabrics
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- If you want to familiarize yourself with textile terminologies and trends.
- If you want to discover what it takes to be a textile designer
- If you’re looking to add value to you skill set and resume.
- For anyone who wants to learn textile designing.
- For anyone interested in the process behind making a textile.